Friday, June 21, 2013

like the milk in our fridge: a few weeks past due

So, I've been in Moscow since June 5th. I'm here to work on some research for school and am taking Russian classes in the mean time. Classes are 4 hours a day, 4 days a week. I realize just how much I've forgotten, how much I never knew, and how much I love studying this language. Russian is so unique in its composition, I like to look at it like a puzzle. Doing some quick research online, it looks like English language has lost its case system over years of world domination, but it has about 3. Russian has 6 cases, which means that the endings of the gendered nouns/adjectives change depending on whether they are direct object, subject, indirect, etc. This aspect makes Russian difficult to master, along with its damn reflexive cases. The nice thing is that, unlike English, Russian word order is very flexible (because you can tell the role of each word by the case change!).
    Annywaays, I have a lot of ramblings on Russia to type about...but I'm going to work on secondaries and then go drink beer instead :p My friend from my first Russian program (summer 2010 in Kazan, Russia) is working at a bank in downtown Moscow. We haven't seen each other in 3 years, so we are going to grab some cold пиво and catch up.
     And I am uploading some pictures that I should've done a looong time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment